Kickstart Mini Commissions
Up to £400 to help you kickstart your creative project.
Added by: revolutonArts
About the Kickstart Mini Commissions
Are you based in Luton with a creative idea that you would like to kickstart?
Our Kickstart Mini Commissions programme is now open for you to apply for a creative investment of up to £400 (there is no minimum to the amount you can apply for).
It might be that you want to test out an idea, put on a new event in Luton, collaborate with another creative, need a piece of equipment - or something else. You tell us what would make the difference.
There are 5 Mini Commissions available in this round.
Successful commissions will form the start of Revoluton’s ‘Stories of Luton’ creative library - a digital collection of Luton stories and ideas.
To be eligible for a Kickstart Mini Commission, you must:
- be over 18
- live or work in Luton and
- have an idea for a creative project that will benefit Luton’s communities, OR a requirement that will make a difference to the development of your creative practice.
Requirements of the Mini Commissions
In return for your creative investment, we ask that you:
- Deliver your activity by Friday 20 December 2019
- Create content to help us tell the story of your commission on our website and social media. We will ask you to:
- write a short description of your project
- provide a photo that represents your project
- write a short blog about your commission
- Report back on any audience and participant engagement
- Present your project at Revoluton’s January Creative Café (an evening event for local creatives)
- Register and have a profile on The Matrix (Revoluton’s online platform for Luton creatives) when it goes live later this year
- Have a conversation with Revoluton Arts’ Producers’ Hub (led by 1DegreeEast) about the future potential of your project.
How to apply
Here’s what you need to do to apply.
On no more than two sides of A4 - or no more than 5 minutes in a video - tell us:
- a bit about you
- about your idea and what you want to do
- how the Kickstart Mini Commission could make the difference to your creative practice and/or Luton’s communities.
- how much are you applying for and what you will you spend it on. (Please note, successful applicants will need to provide a budget.)
- when will you start and finish your project
- anything else that you want to tell us that you feel is relevant.
- your mobile and email contact details.
Please also confirm that you are:
- able to share your activity by providing online content and in person at the January Creative Café event
- able to deliver this activity by Friday 20 December 2019
- willing to attend a meeting with 1DegreeEast Producers' Hub before the activity delivery date.
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 11.59pm on Friday 23 August 2019*
*There will be other rounds from Spring 2020 if you are not ready yet.
Applications will be selected from a panel comprising Revoluton Arts, 1degreeEast producers hub, and two community partners.
Successful applicants will be notified by email by Friday 13 September 2019.
Successful applicants will be asked to provide a short project plan and budget.
Any more questions?
Email email@example.com your questions.
Or come along to our information event:
Kickstart Mini Commissions information event
Thursday 1 August, 7pm-8pm
Marsh House Community Centre
Luton, LU3 2SR
There are no updates yet. Stay tuned for future changes!