Kickstart Mini Commissions
Up to £400 to help you kickstart your creative project [Closed until spring 2020]
Added by: revolutonArts
Our current round of applications has now closed.
The next round of Mini Commissions will be available to apply for in spring 2020.
Sign up to our email newsletter to make sure you don't miss out when the new round is announced!
About Kickstart Mini Commissions
Are you based in Luton with a creative idea that you would like to kickstart?
Our Kickstart Mini Commissions programme lets local creative apply for a creative investment of up to £400 (there is no minimum to the amount you can apply for).
It might be that you want to test out an idea, put on a new event in Luton, collaborate with another creative, need a piece of equipment - or something else. You tell us what would make the difference.
Successful commissions will form the start of Revoluton’s ‘Stories of Luton’ creative library - a digital collection of Luton stories and ideas.
To be eligible for a Kickstart Mini Commission, you must:
- be over 18
- live or work in Luton and
- have an idea for a creative project that will benefit Luton’s communities, OR a requirement that will make a difference to the development of your creative practice.
Requirements of the Mini Commissions
In return for your creative investment, we ask that you:
- Deliver your activity by a given date (usually around 4 months after the application closing date)
- Create content to help us tell the story of your commission on our website and social media. We will ask you to:
- write a short description of your project
- provide a photo that represents your project
- write a short blog about your commission
- Report back on any audience and participant engagement
- Present your project at Revoluton’s Creative Café (an evening event for local creatives)
- Register and have a profile on The Matrix (Revoluton’s online platform for Luton creatives) when it goes live
- Have a conversation with Revoluton Arts’ Producers’ Hub (led by 1DegreeEast) about the future potential of your project.
Applications are selected by a panel comprising Revoluton Arts, 1degreeEast producers hub, and two community partners.
There are no updates yet. Stay tuned for future changes!